Located in the leafy suburb of Highlands, corner 1 Hurworth and Enterprise road, Harare. Queen of Hearts Café is a quaint little restaurant that offers an Espresso Bar (for the coffee lovers), Artisan Bakery (baked goodies and cake!), breakfast menu, lunch menu and an open air Wood fired Pizzeria just right outside. QOH opened their doors to the public sometime around the year 2012; I remember soo vividly the construction work around the premises as I would pass by back and forth on my trips to town. It was once an old abandoned little building just on the corner of Hurworth street.
Queen of Hearts has proved to be a fan favourite for a number of reasons. It has seriously become the best location for the Fashion Industry to host mixtures, get togethers, meet n’ greets and tea parties as the eatery is at the epicentre between town and Highlands, making it easily accessible and ultimately the best choice.
Top 5 Reasons to Love QOH
1. Probably the best feature about QOH is their super-fast Wi-Fi which is on some serious fiber connection. It’s super great to get some online work done and a bit of blogging for myself. Bonus points for the euphoria and just the vibe of working in a comfortable and cosy environment.
2. The open air green scenery with the fountain right in the middle makes for a warm pleasant welcoming. I honestly just want to sit under the trees, enjoy the fresh air with a glass of watermelon juice and just tap away!
3. I recently discovered the beauty of natural flavoured drinking water thanks to QOH (something which you could even make yourself at home). Choose a selection of mint, lemon or strawberries to be added to your glass of water for some aroma and flavour.
4. Although the price could arouse mixed feeling, QOH offers some delectable baked goodies, treats and cake for those with a sweet tooth. US$3.00 will set you back for a slice of cake and about US$6.00 will serve you with a plate full of waffles and cream (The Writer’s personal favourites). I am still to experiment with the selection of the menu, but when I do I will be sure to Instagram it to you!
5. Saving the best for last – as mentioned above QOH is easily accessible, even for those who rely on public transport. It’s right in the main road, so chances of getting lost are pretty slim to none. It is also situated very close to two adjacent bus stops, to and from town, so finding your way around isn’t a difficult task.
Some of Harare’s Fashion events have been hosted at QOH, with the recent 2015 line up of a Singles Sipper held on the 30th of January, an Artists Mix N’ Mingle that took place on the 17th of January and soon enough Quintessential F will have a Ladies Power Breakfastthat will set one back US$5.00 for tea and snacks.
Where To Find Them
1 Hurworth Road, Cnr Enterprise, Highlands
Mobile: 0771 929 914 (Phillipa)
|Check out “Meet the Industry – Fashion Networking” hosted by FWZ back in 2014 here, at the Queen of Hearts Cafe.